Ron, RV Mechanic
Experience:  32 years Master Tech ASE certified.
7276279

My husband is at work so I will do the best to ask s

Customer Question

My husband is at work so I will do the best to ask his questions. We own a 1987 Winnebago Chieftain. I just replaced the Compressor for the brakes. Just last night I noticed a wet spot on the ground coming from the motor. I started the motorhome and I have no power steering. I do not have a Mechanical Manual. Can you please advise where the power steering is? What components are operated by the fan belts? By replacing the Compressor for the brakes, would this have something to do with the power steering not working?
Category: RV
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The power steering system consists of a power steering pump located on the front of the engine and ran by a drive belt, it has two hoses connected to it , the high pressure hose and the return hose. Both hose connect to the steering gear located at the end of the steering column. Start first with checking both PS hoses for any signs of a leak as well as making sure the drive belt is in place and turning the pump with the engine running.