Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 1999 itasca Sunflyer with 2 slides. the front

Customer Question

I have a 1999 itasca Sunflyer with 2 slides. the front living room slide hydraulics had to be disabled to get it to go back in and one of the hoses had a leak in it.
This morning it call an RV dealer and asked if the rear slide is on the same system or on it's own. they said on it own. Went to let it out only to find it is on the same system. Now it is out about 2" inches.
1. how can I get it back in?
2. Where is the relief valve?
3. Is it safe to drive it this way to get to an RV dealer here in Winnipeg or for any distance?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

You are going to have to open the solenoids for the slide room, they will have T handles on them and be near the pump/motor.... Click HERE and see section 2 page 21, it might take a second to load up, it is a manual. Once the the T handles are open you should be able to push the room back in, it might take two or three people. HWH will also have a wench and the pictures will show that as well. Once you get the room back in shut the solenoids. If you can not get it in and the room is only out 2" then you should be OK to drive, get another person and see if you can push the room out, it should not move, if it does not move you are good for travel... Hope this helps... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert