Mike, Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I have been a Car/vehicle mechanic 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

I have a 2000 monaco signature series all electric coach

Customer Question

I have a 2000 monaco signature series all electric coach equipped with an Onan 12.5
Recently we noticed the fuel purge pump running while driving with the generator off. I pulled the wire running to the pump and it stopped. The following day the generator woulden't respond at all. It will purge from any remotes or on the unit itself, however when you rock the switch upward to start the unit all you get is 3 flashes and a code 37. No glow plug flash no start at all.
I changed the oil and filter, the fuel filter and the air filter still no start.
Can you suggest another option or procedure ?
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I recall it was harder to start the 2 weeks prior acting as though it was loosing its prime.
It took considerably longer to fire off.
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome.

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.

It sounds like you have air in the system - this can be caused by faulty pump and / or purge valve.

Really - this is going to be needed to be looked at by someone with the neceserry test equipment - otherwise, you could spend on parts etc / by mistake - and it cost you a lot of money.

I would never suggest to replace either as above without the proper tests done first.. and as most owners don't or cant be expected to own such plug in test equipment as it so expensive, I have to advise you get help for to do this... I hope you understand, Im trying to save you costly mistakes.

Now, the above all said - I do have a pdf manual for this vehicle - Im happy for you to have it.. it is full of very helpful info inc fault finding chapters etc -- To obtain , download this - click HERE. Its a large manual / file - so it does take time to transfer. I sincerely ***** ***** helps you.

Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..

~~~>>>>>>~ Meanwhile now - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. Thank you in advance for that . ..

Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out -

- Best Rgds, MIKE.