Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

2008 KZ Inferno 5th wheel 41' 3 Slides - Slide are IN

Customer Question

2008 KZ Inferno 5th wheel 41' 3 Slides - Slide are IN but not slding out Check battery has 13.5v 12v lights working slide doesn't do anything when trying switch check voltage at back of 3 way switch has power to center not sure what to check next HELP!!!!
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Sometimes they will use a breaker in-line from the battery to the slide rooms, below is a picture, most have a small tab that will pop out when they trip. As a general rule they like to stick them 18" from the battery and can be on the frame. IF you see any the voltage on each post should be the same, you would measure positive on the post and then negative to chassis ground. You also might have more then one so If you see any check them all. They also could be using a fuse.... Hope this helps some... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have attached pics that is closest to battery in photo #1 under the disconnect all 3 has 12v
and at the Trombetta + of those 3 only the middle has 12v Top/Bottom has 0
not sure if i am on the right track
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
On your pump that is right there where is the positive lead going on the pump?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I Attached a pic of pump motor positive and it goes to the trombetta+ but no power to either
pump motor are other end connecting to trombetta
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
The smaller wires on the back do they have voltage on them, try when you hit the switch as well.
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I Attached a pics of wire diagram if this is correct i see the smaller ones go to switch (yellow/purple)
i know the middle on switch has 12v but 0 on connector
so i guess i try useing switch while checking voltage on connector as i havnt tryed that yet
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
when you hit the switch one way you should have voltage on one wire and when you press the switch the other way the voltage should be on the other side. See which wires have voltage when you hit the switch, if you are getting voltage then that trombetta bad. IF you are getting voltage get an insulated wire and jump from the post that has power to each of the other posts, the motor should come on.....