Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

My a/c fan quits and compressor seems to continue. part no.

Customer Question

my a/c fan quits and compressor seems to continue. part no. 600315.321
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

So both of the A/Cs have the same issue? The fan motors are not running all the time and quit sometimes, but the compressors work fine? Do you have a make and model for these? And do they have separate controls or both work off the same on? Digital or analog controls? If you can supply me with that information I can assist you further here. R.J.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is the pns 600312.321 &600315.321 both dometic They run off same control part #(###) ###-####001 Digital, I think. The rear ac has been doing it for couple months but front ac started today
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

So this is a probem with just the fans and not the compressor? How long do they run before this happens? No work has been done on these lately?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just found the reply that said no phone. My front ac has been running 2 hrs or more now but the rear will only run 15-20 min. On the front ac has something clicking in the box that is internal of the unit. I could not hear it in the rear. I sounds like a small relay.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
It may be a bad relay that is going bad in the control box. Those have a fairly high mortality rate as they get older. These older units have been upgraded now to the Comfort Control 2. You may have to upgrade to that. I would be sure to have the motors checked with an ohm meter and lubricated and check the load while running with an amp meter. That would give you a good idea of what is happening. Be sure and find out the actual working AC voltage is to EACH unit.