Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

The propane slowly flows through to my stove...wont go out

Customer Question

the propane slowly flows through to my stove...wont go out but won't light fully either?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert....
Are the other LP appliances working?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything works...when the gas is flowing properly. When it is not the water heater wont turn on obviously.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
Wanted to make sure the stove was not the issue as it has a regulator, but you say when this is occurring the water heater will not work.
What I would do is go to the main LP valve and shut it, slowly open it back up sometimes if that valve is opened to fast the regulator on the tank can lock up and you might not get the proper pressure. Open it up slowly to the full open position.
Could be a faulty regulator on the tank as well.
In the shop what I would want to see is the actual LP pressure, this is checked with a manometer, all your appliances need 11" of water column to work properly. IF the LP was leaking down then it could also be an issue, with a manometer it will allow you to check the pressure and see if the pressure holds, if the pressure does not hold then you have a leak. I might replace the regulator and then if that does not solve the problem have a RV shop check the pressure and do a leak down test...... Hope this helps some.... Robert