Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

We have a 2005 sunseeker that the slide will not go out. Me

Customer Question

We have a 2005 sunseeker that the slide will not go out. Me have had problems off and on getting it out and in but now nothing. The rv dealer said to check the panel around the motor but can't seem to Find it took out the sofa and everything. Where would the fuses that control the slide out located? Sorry I'm a woman and not a mechanic....the bc
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** perhaps I can assist you with this issue.
When you hit the switch, do you hear any noise at all? Any name on the switch? Any manual that you might have that came with the coach? There are a number of companies that make the slide hardware for these. IF I can determine which one you have it helps to narrow this down. Some, like Power Gear have a separate module that has a fuse. Others, like Lippert units don't. And when was the last time you had the batteries checked and serviced? Most slide out issues are a result of battery problems. And lastly, are you plugged into shore power or not? If you can get back to me with this information, I can assist you further. R.J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sound switch is hit, am told that there is power to switch. It is a Forrest river convenience center on the panel where the switch is. I can see the motor through the small area under couch but can not make out the name on the motor it looks like br??e. Batteries have all been checked and replaced and have tried it plugged in and just battery. We do have the emergency break on
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Did you see my last posting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this was the answer to your questions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get my answer?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was out to lunch. So that is a "yes" to the meter or test light? IF SO, then rug up a ground lead that you will use for either one. Then you can pull the switch panel out. It should have a few screws holding it to the wall. Leave everything connected. Tell me how many leads and what colors they are TO the slideout switch. R.J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We saw nothing about a meter so confused if we missed a message. Looking at back of switch there are three wires ...upper left is yellow, lower left is black, lower right is green, upper right is empty. Did not understand the ground wire explanation
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
I guess I am the one who may be confused here........I thought I had asked you if you had either a 12 VDC test light OR a small digital multimeter. Sometimes, our responses go out into e-space and are never to be seen again! And the "yes" to my question was that I thought. So do you have one of those items? With one of those we can test for power to the switch and go from there. The "ground" lead you would need is for either the meter or the test light. Let me know when you are ready to proceed. R.J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did not get that message...we will check it out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First pic is of the meter, never used one...is this correct?other pictures are of a circuit panel and some wires were behind the drivers seat under carpeted box...and use?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
That meter won't work for this task.......and I really think that you need to have a mobile tech come and assist you OR someone who has a good working knowledge of 12 VDC circuits. I don't think I am making much progress here and so I will opt out of this and let another tech offer something that might be helpful. Sorry I wasn't more help on this one. R.J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks for trying