Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

How do I wire my 6 wires to my slide out switch (1 red, 1,

Customer Question

How do I wire my 6 wires to my slide out switch (1 red, 1 white, 2 brown, 2 purple.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Were these taken off by someone else? Is this the only slide out switch you have here or is there another one? Any name on the switch? That would help me identify whose slide hardware you have here. Sounds like a Power Gear or Lippert unit. R.J.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My motor is power gear and the switch is Sigma Part #201S.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

O.K.........but, is this the only side switch you have here? No name on the cover plate? The red is the incoming positive feed, the white is the negative feed. The two browns are the negative leads to the motor and the purple are the positive feeds to the motor. Or at least that is the way this SHOULD be wired, but sometimes different manufacturers don't stick to standard colors. A small digital multimeter would be useful here to check these. the reason I asked if you had another slide out would be to pull the switch away from the wall and check it as these should be wired up exactly the same. I am out for lunch and when I get back to the shop I will look to see if I have this diagram I can attach for you. R.J.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the only side I have.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
O.K.....I can explain this to you (I think) The switch has 6 pins....3 on each side. Take the two purple leads and pick two opposing corner pins and attach them. Then do the same on the brown leads. Now you should have all 4 corners wired up. The "X" with matching colors on opposite corners. Now take the red lead and attach it to one of the center pins. Then the white on the other center pin. IF the slide is working, it should function when you hit the switch. IF it moves in the OPPOSITE direction that the switch plate says, then switch the red and white leads and that should correct it. IF NOT, or the slide doesn't move then there may be another issue. Hope that proves helpful here. All follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit. R.J.