peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a 1984 e350 cobra motor home. The ground wires from

Customer Question

I have a 1984 e350 cobra motor home. The ground wires from the alternator shorted out but the fire wall. I have checked the wires out none were broken so I tape the ones that lost a little coating and retailed the whole harness. I ran the alt ground separate
from harness and ran New driver side ground as well to where the alternator and it meet under the dashboard. When I started having issues I drove it back home....Ran at higher idol but none the less made it home. After repairs I can get it to start and run
for a min or so then it dies like the key was turned off.
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I apologize as my info is limited on your model here.
In some cases a short like this here can cause the electronic ignition switch to fail electronically as it can short out as well.If this has not been checked/tested this should be done to see if this is the cause here needing replaced.
Thanks Pete