Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Strangest thing. I have a 93 Holiday Rambler Endever.

Customer Question

strangest thing. I have a 93 Holiday Rambler Endever. Pluggesd into house current for 1 week in between trips. just noticed the right front parking light on and investigated to see if switch ws aaccidentlally turned on. OMG the furnace had kicked on by itself and the 3 way fridge (1 year old) was also off. No, the furnace thermostate was not on. What the heck happened?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
This might take some going back and forth, need to figure out why the furnace was on.
What is the make and model of the furnace? The only way the furnace would come on is if you had a bad thermostat OR bad time delay relay or circuit board for the furnace....
The park light I have no idea on...
The fridge, is it working OK now?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
furnace is original and fridge is not on. Afraid to try to turn anything on at this point. Could be all these things are not related and God was kind in showing a parking light on to cause us to check RV. And why should the post for the terminals in the bay be so hot? checking make of furnace now. will be right back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hydro flame furnace
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
Trying to think what might be the cause of all three issues, are you using an adapters OR extension cords on the main cord?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Going to need the model number on that hydro flame, if not I can give still give you some ideas Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have the adapter on the main cord to convert to 110 to only use for fridge. getting model number
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
so you are using an adapter going into a 110 outlet?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a model number 8531-11 hydro flame
also disconnected thermostat, and when I re-inserted 15 am fuse, the blower came on again. The propane is off so no heat. Also yes, was connected to a 110 outlet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what the heck now, when I turned on the circuit breakers again too so all should be working except the furnace, the new water pump is not working. again, not related...am checking to see if there power to the pump
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
To start on this really should not step down to a 110 outlet, that could be the cause of the box getting hot, you are trying to draw to many amps through that 110 outlet, keep in mind if you have an inverter or converter it is going to want to charge the batteries when you are plugged in and it will also pull amps. It could be the cause of the box getting hot.
As far as the furnace you could have a bad time delay relay, the relay would be under the outside access panel on the back of the motor housing. You would have a blue wire coming from the thermostat, a red wire that is constant hot, another red going to the blower motor and a ground wire sometimes that is yellow. IF you have voltage on the blue wire then the thermostat is bad, if you have voltage on both reds and not on the blue the relay is bad. On newer models the relay is part of the circuit board. Most RV shops do have a special board tester for testing them.,
I think what I would do on this is go plug into a 30 more 50 amp service and see if that panel gets hot if not you know stepping down to 110 is the issue.
IF you have more questions please feel free to contact me... Robert