Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 2002 Thor Tahoe 5th wheel toy hauler that is in

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Thor Tahoe 5th wheel toy hauler that is in need of replacement parts to the landing gear (leader and follower leg rebuilt kits and helical gear repair kit). Can you please tell me what series was used and where I can get repair parts.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

That probably has a Venture leg set in it...........but, look on the motor and see if it says "Atwood" or even something else. These manufacturers sometimes change brands depending on who has the best deal at the time. You can sometimes measure the length of the leg as some companies offer several modes. Once you determine who made yours I can give you the part numbers. Your local dealer or repair shop has these and many places online including E-Bay or Amazon. Sometimes you can tell by the cap on the leg. Some are flat and some are kind of domed shaped. Atwood puts a large "A" on theirs. Gear kits run about $80 or so per leg. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit. R.J.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The only info I can find (caps are missing) is the motor is a Von Weise Model # ***** Serial # *****
Leg is 32" - with gear assemble 33 1/2".
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
I believe Von Weise was used on Venture legs. The lead leg (motor side) kit number is ***** and and the following leg kit is number 146060. On the chance that they are Atwood legs, I am adding the link below which describes those various legs. Compare the length and the number of teeth on the gears. Sometimes we don't know either when the caps or labels are missing. Hopefully, this will prove helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee. R.J.
http://www.atwoodmobile.com/manuals/chassis/MPD%2071125%20SP%203.14.08.pdf
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

How are you coming on this problem? Did you have any luck finding the proper parts for this? If you need more please get back to me. R.J.