Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have 1999 Beaver Contessa seems ok at speed but makes

Customer Question

I have 1999 Beaver Contessa seems ok at speed but makes noise in rear end when you let off on fuel
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert....
I would start by checking the ride height, if the ride height was off then you could change the drive angle and when you do that you can get a vibration or whine in the rear. I do not have the specs but the bag height should not be off more then 3/16" from side to side. I have seen ride height valves damaged from hitting pot holes. I would also want a sample of the rear differential to see if the noise is coming from there, most RV chassis shops can send the sample out to see if certain materials are in the fluid. Also the drain plug should have a magnet and you do not want to see any metal chunks on that plug.
Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert