Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Why has my Dometic RV refer just started leaking water into

Customer Question

Why has my Dometic RV refer just started leaking water into the coach. Coach was manufactured in 1999. Unit cools properly, both freezer and refer compartments. Unit operates on both gas and ac power sources. Could the condensate hose be ruptured. Unable to tell as the hose is not visible at the top of the unit unless I pull the refer out of the cabinet. Thanks
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

IF you don't have an icemaker on this model, then a leak on the evaporation hose is the most likely cause. And yes, usually you have to pull the fridge forward...........not necessarily out all the way to get to that area in order to replace it. Be sure that the water isn't coming out from the bottom and under a door gasket. Keep those clean and avoid having full containers inside the fridge or anything hot that would be giving off condensation at a higher rate. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more on this as all follow ups are included in our fee. No time limit. And please include the make and model of your fridge so I can be more specific on the fix. Thanks! R.J.