Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

AUXILIARY BATTERIES NOT STARTING GENERATOR OR RUNNING

Customer Question

AUXILIARY BATTERIES NOT STARTING GENERATOR OR RUNNING LIGHTS. WHEN I SWITCH OFF THE SWITCH I USUALLY HEAR A NOISE. NO NOISE.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
What is the Year, Make and Model of the RV?
Are you talking about the house battery disconnect switch?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2000 WINNEBAGO BRAVE 33V. AND YES I AM TALKING ABOUT THE DISCONNECT SWITCH. EVERYTHING WAS WORKING A FEW WEEKS AGO WHEN I WENT THERE TO RUN THE GENERATOR AND START THE COACH.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Robert what do you think the problem may be?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
When you hit that switch inside it should trigger a solenoid valve and allow the power inside the RV, you are correct many times the solenoid will make a click noise when you hit the switch. GO to the batteries and follow the cables to the solenoid, once you find the solenoid you will see two LARGE posts, check for voltage on each side, if you have voltage on one side and not the other get an insulated wire and jump the posts and see if power comes on, if so bad solenoid. IF you do not have voltage going to the solenoid verify your battery voltage and then make sure there is not a breaker that is tripped from the battery to the solenoid. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert
Sorry was responding (typing)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you will try in the morning.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
No problem if you need more help please let me know...
Robert