Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

On the face of my Xantrex 458 inverter there are two control

Customer Question

On the face of my Xantrex 458 inverter there are two control wires looking like telephone wires that can easily be disconnected. One is labeled remote and the other is labeled CSV. I disconnected the one labeled CSV and the inverter came to life and everything
worked. When I plugged the CSV cord back in everything quit working. First question What is the CSV? Second question What will it hurt to leave this wire disconnected? Third question How do I troubleshoot the CSV?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert..
I think that should be TSC it is a sensor that measures the battery temp for compensated charging, if no sensor is hooked up the charge voltage levels are set to default based on battery type. So yes OK to leave unplugged, make sure the sensor at the battery is on the battery, it will look like a small pad and the cable will be on it. IF it still does not work then it could be an issue with the sensor or inverter. You should also verify all your setting via the remote panel inside, make sure the proper battery type is selected. It will be fine to leave that unplugged... Hope this helps some.... Robert
IF it labeled CSV I still suspect it is for that sensor, ones I have seen say TSV....