Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

My Norcold refrigerator (3-way in a tent trailer) has these

Customer Question

My Norcold refrigerator (3-way in a coleman tent trailer) has these little flare-ups in the box surrounding the flame on my unit - about every 30 seconds or so. Nothing too dramatic as the flame stays lit but it seems to be affect the performance when on gas setting. The AC setting keeps things consistently cold.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

It shouldn't and it may indicate that the LP pressure is too low. If you haven't had it checked and adjusted in the last year then you should have it checked. Be sure they check for "honey" in the line as that will cause the flame to go up and down as you describe. Have the line at the tank drained out. It looks like used motor oil. Check those things and then get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee. R.J.