Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a Norcold N641 and it doesn't work on either AC or LP

Customer Question

I have a Norcold N641 and it doesn't work on either AC or LP the light on the front reads no AC or no LP what could be the problem ?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
Lets see if we can troubleshoot the AC side first.
GO to the outside access and remove the panel, you should see the plug for the fridge, make sure the outlet has power. IF the outlet has power go ahead and leave the cord unplugged, you will see a circuit board with some wires going to it, remove the cover and check the fuses, one fuse is for the AC power side make sure they are all good, you do not want to touch that AC fuse with it plugged in so please make sure it is unplugged. Let me know on that part and we can continue.. It is much easier to troubleshoot the NO AC fault.... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI Robert ; I found out that there is a recall on that refrigurator and my neighbour and I tracked the problem to the circuit board.
Thanks Karl
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
IF you like I can request a refund for you on this one, I only get credit when you select a rating, but my goal is for you to be satisfied, I am find in whatever you decide... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Robert that would be great