Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience:  Serving the rv industry since 1977
10974363

I have a Norcold N81X unit that is not cooling. I have tried

Customer Question

I have a Norcold N81X unit that is not cooling. I have tried the reset method by jumping out pin 15 to ground. I hear no reset click and nothing changes. What would my next step be?
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.

hi, does the refer give you a failure code? or is there no power to the interior eyebrow? thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has blinking LED lights. I believe that it is blinking 6 times (Green)

thanks, ***** ***** indeed the 'noco' fault.............so lets try the reset again, make sure the wire you use is very thin, as this has been an issue for me. Unplug the ignition wire from the control board, hold down on the component when you pull the wire off. thanks, ***** ***** know. i am forwarding you the reset proceedure (which you may have) re read it to make sure something is being missed..........

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
120 volt power plugged in or unplugged?

unplugged

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still nothing. I have attached a picture of the circuit board. I am jumping from the second terminal on the top left. The directions show that it is to the right of the violet and white wire. This terminal is occupied by a blue wire. I am jumping from the terminal to the left that is in occupied.

thanks , the photo did not show up, however does your circuit board have a 10 pin connector at the bottom and a six pin at the top?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does. 6 pin top left. 10 pin bott right

thanks good photo, I have given you the wrong board reset, here is the 6 pin, just make sure your using the correct pin, and your wire is grounded properly, thanks for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still not resetting. I never here the click. The ignition wire is off. Power disconnected and I moved my ground to the 12 volt ground comming in to the circuit board. Jumperd from second pin from right to ground.

thanks, well.......................the board needs to be replaced............sorry for the bad news.............Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that something that I can order from you?