Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have 1999 windsong with hwh levelling. All jacks worked

Customer Question

i have 1999 windsong with hwh levelling. All jacks worked well but now the rear units will not retract. The will lift and lower only to the point the weight is off. I have to pry them off the ground?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Are the rear jacks missing the retract springs? That is what this sounds like. Did you look to see if they came off, but the front jacks springs are still there? Take a look and then get back to me on this. Also take a look and see if the rear jacks have any deep scratches on them when the coach is up on the jacks. That can cause this as well. The piston may be galled on the bearing surface. That "fix" is to have the jacks replaced. They have an exchange program for this. It might be a solenoid issue but that is usually only one at a time and not two. Check the fluid level in the tank and be sure that it is full with all the jacks retracted. And see if you can see any bad leaks at the rear jacks or any of the lines. Please let me know what you find and we can go from there. R.J.