Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 2005 colonial fleetwood camper and the internal

Customer Question

I have a 2005 colonial fleetwood camper and the internal crank system to raise the "roof" is broken. I have called dealers/shops and taken it to place that said, "yes we can fix that" and now after about a month... unable to fix and find the parts.
My question is there a place to get used parts or the part to fix this camper?? It is in good shape. Thoughts?? Help??
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Did they tell you what the problem was? And yes, there are parts out there for this. Can you supply more details on what they told you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They told me they contacted fleet wood who indicate that portion of the company has gone out of business, with parts no longer made. They did get a phone number but I do not know to who, but indicated they called it without success. They suggested they reached out on Internet and phone but not to who
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In regards ***** ***** part I do not at this time have specifics but it sounded like it was the entire system that was the problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will call tomorrow and see if I can get more specifics to the problem and about parts and share with you. Is that ok?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

You can get most of these parts from Popup Parts and I am including a link to their site. They should have a manual for this as well. And yes, the more information you can get the easier it is to help you. http://www.popupparts.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4_8

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
besides the one I gave you in my previous posting you might try the one listed below:
http://colemanpopupparts.com/pages/contact
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I honestly do not think the parts are out there.. even based on what you sent me.Can you share with me where do people take campers to dispose of them. Cuz maybe I can lift the parts off a camper.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

You need to remember we see these questions all the time here...........and I have never seen anyone report that there weren't any parts out there for these. E-bay is a gold mine for used RV parts of all kinds.............and there are any number of RV used parts places and salvage yards. Join a chat room for these and I suspect that you will have what you need in short order. Try Popup Portal and it is free. Hope that helps and please let me know what you find.........R.J.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Randall,
I know you closed this out.. I was waiting to hear from the folks fixing my camper who got no where and were less than helpful in explaining the parts. We went in and tried to figure it out.. so here's my attempt to share and hope you can help us out. It is part of the crank and sprocket that is not working. If you look at the manual you sent me for the lift system using pages 3 & 7 (not the same year.. but schematics appear to be the same through out). Using page 3: We can put a vice grip on the actual main drive and can engage the system to lift the roof. Now looking at page 7 At schematic/part Number 17, there are 5 parts indicated. The center piece (sorry I do not know the name-it would be the middle piece of schematic/part number) of the crank and sprocket needs to work with part number 7 however it doesn't seem to engage. We thought maybe the spring was the problem but at this point we are unclear. Any thoughts or know if we can get parts. thank you for helping me
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Glad you saved the link..........Did Popup Parts not have any parts for this? I believe they are still available, but what did they say?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will continue talks on Popuppartsportal. thanks
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I think if you call one of these places and describe the parts you want they will have them............if not, let me know and I can recommend several parts places that have used ones.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
one of which places?? Are you suggesting eBay and RV used parts places.. etc
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

E-Bay is a good source.........and there are a number of places that sell used RV parts. Arizona RV Salvage is one I use frequently, but places that do a lot of popup repairs have used parts as well. I have a lot of used parts at my shop, but I hardly ever see one of these where I am, so I don't have any of these. I suspect that if you call one of those I gave you, that if they don't have any, they will know who might.