Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Ok I'm a bit stumped I have dometic 2852 that we have

Customer Question

ok I'm a bit stumped I have dometic 2852 that we have replaced the cooling unit,the 325 watt heater,both the curcuit and eyebrow boards and the thermistor wire it tries to cool but it still isn't we get a little frost in the freezer but that's it (36-40 deg) the fridge is at (48-52 deg)this is on level five
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Take the leads off the control board for the new heating element and hook them up directly to an old cord you might have or get some AC cord and make one up. This bypasses all the controls on the fridge and makes it "direct drive" and will cool to the maximum. IF it won't freeze up in the fridge you should consider that the rebuilt cooling unit (if that is what you used) isn't working properly OR you should check the door gaskets and be sure that they are sealing properly and not allowing any air into the fridge. Report back in a few hours and let me know the results. Also if this was a new cooling unit or a rebuild.............and if that, they whose product it was. R.J.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

The other thing you can try is to turn it off for a few hours and restart it again. Sometimes, these get like an "air bubble" in there and won't cool properly until the coolant settles down again and remixes. Let me know what happens. R.J.