Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience:  Serving the rv industry since 1977
10974363

Are there fuses that would shut off the a/c in a Americana

Customer Question

Are there fuses that would shut off the a/c in a Coleman Americana pop up, 2010? Ours just quit running.
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.

hi if the unit has controls on the ceiling assembly there are no 12volt fuses, however, there will be a 120vac breaker. so you need to check the breaker panel for power, then go to the ceiling panel and see if there is power there.............i say this as in a 'pop up' there is usually no wall thermostat if my thinking is incorrect, please let me know, thanks please get back to me and we can discuss this further

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Waiting for your reply, and with lots of folks drawing on the bandwidth of the wifi so it was not connecting well, I found the fuse box and switched the breaker for the 20 amp, which is what the AC is powered by. It came on, then went back off. I unplugged everything and waited a bit, then tripped the braker again and the AC came back on, but it was blowing out sub par and I turned it off. We have been here all week with the AC working fine with not too manyeople in the camp park, but now all the sites are filled, and I am speculating that the multitude of users is drawing down the power source, which may be effecting the amount of power I can draw in to run my AC unit. Does that seem plausible to you?

hi, thanks for responding, you are absolutely correct in that with so many people in the park the voltage has dropped, and you see the result, I have seen this every summer since i was a young man , and i'm over 60 now..................

its ohms law when the voltage goes down the amperage goes up to satisfy the load, then 'bang' the breaker goes