Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 2004 fleetwood quantum. I can't find the breakers

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Terry fleetwood quantum. I can't find the breakers anywhere. Found the converter next to the steps going into the upper level of the 5th wheel but no breakers...
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
Normally the breakers are always inside, sometimes they will be below the fridge, in the closet, on the base of the bed or under the bed. Next to the breakers should be a fuse panel. IF you are not seeing it in any of the locations I mentioned please let me know and I can put your question back up for other experts.... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I opened every door every closet cold out every drawer and all items inside of every drawer in closet to look inside behind around it upside down in them. I am A train to attach a picture so you can see what I have found.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What you see in the picture is found after removing 4 screws that held a air vent to the wall.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

They look like the relay boards for the slide-rooms.

I would take a quick look and see if you can tell where the shore cord is running to, it will go right to the breaker panel. I would take a look outside in the compartments as well. Normally they stick these so you have access to get to the breakers if something happens.

IF you want to try another expert please let me know... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still can't find the relays.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK I will put your question back up so other experts can respond... I do not know when another expert will respond they come and go daily... Robert
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

This should be very visible. Someplace in there...........usually by the door or in the kitchen area there will be a dark brown or black panel about 10" tall and 18" or so wide. It has a door on there which can be opened up and the fuses are on one side and the breakers on the other. Sometimes they put them on the bed pedestal. See what you can find. Some by Magnetek have a door that has a black latch on the top that has a button that you twist around and it opens downward. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee. R.J.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Three people have gone in the camper and searched everywhere. Even inside each cabinet and door. Each person than crawled under the camper to trace the shore lines and still come up with nothing. I have personally owned several campers over the years and know what the relay stations look like. Some one has to have an exact location...
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Are you looking for relays or fuses and breakers?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Look at my picture. The fuse and breaker panel.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

So you want to find the shortstop breakers? Those should be in the front near the batteries as by code they have to be within 18" of them. Sometimes they are hard to see and behind the battery boxes. Most will have a red cover over them. Follow the red battery lead right to them. Many are auto reset and some are manual and have a small black button on the side or top that you have to push in to reset them. Hope that proves helpful. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.