Hank F.
Hank F., RV tech - emphasis on gensets
Experience:  RV tech since the beginning of the millenium.
19372534

I have an Onan 4BGEFA26100F RV generator it is about 30

Customer Question

I have an Onan 4BGEFA26100F RV generator it is about 30 years old. When I push the start button it tries to start but it will not. The remote start on the inside of the RV works but the starter on the generator will not do anything. What do I look for to fix it
Category: RV
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
My name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.
If the start button on the genset itself will not crank the genset, the switch is bad. The switch is an integral part of the board, so the board must be replaced.
.
If it still will not completely start after that, let me know.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had figured that was the problem, I was hoping for another solution, I will try and get a new circuit board
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
done
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, but without a good board, there is nothing else you can do.
.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.
Was this what you wanted to know?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the help but I thought it was the circut board, I have ordered a circut board. Is this question my free trial if so stop this service and send me a refund
Thanks again
Sam Herr
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.
I only offered assistance based on the informaion you gave me.
I do not know what program you signed up for with Just Answer. I am just an Expert here.
If you have questions or concerns about the status of your usage/membership, you need to contact Customer Service.
Click here for Customer Service
Thank you for using Just Answer, and please don't forget to leave me an appropriate rating.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the help
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.
OK
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Frank was some help but I thought it was the board I was hoping it was something else the board is costing me $400. Thanks for the help and give me a refund and do not charge me any more
Sam Herr
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

You didn't mention anything about thinking it was the board. You asked "What do I look for to fix it ", and I answered that question.