Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 2004 coachman sun voyager. Replaced house batteries

Customer Question

I have a 2004 coachman sun voyager. Replaced house batteries but I do not have any 12v power in the coach. I cannot start generator or raise the leveling jacks, or move slide-outs. There are two fuse panels at the end of the bed, and I checked those, but the all look good.
I have some sore of large circuit breakers in one forward compartment, but they were not tripped either. I thought there might be a 12v disconnect switch somewhere but I can't find anything.Ideas?
Bob
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you are real busy working on something else, I can try some other solution. I am scheduled to leave in the morning so I don't have a lot of time.Thanks,Bob
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Did you remember to flip the battery disconnect breaker so that the batteries are back "in the loop" again? When you take out the batteries it goes automatically to "store" position. Check that and be sure you didn't drop out a cable that didn't get reconnected OR hook up a positive feed cable to the negative side. OR check to be sure you have the batteries wired up correctly. Those are the main things that would cause this, besides a bad disconnect relay or blown fuse on the relay. Check those other things first and then get back to me if you need more help. A small digital multimeter is very helpful here for testing. About $15 or so at most automotive or hardware stores. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee. R.J.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked for power on the positive cable that starts after the battery on the other side of some sort of disconnect or breaker. I have good 12v power. So I assumed it must be inside the coach, but I cannot find any kind of master disconnect.Bob
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

There is usually a small panel on the wall by the door or above the door or in an overhead and most are made by Intellitec and say that on the panel. Usually, two switches........one for the start battery and one for the house batteries. Some say "use" and "store" and some say "on" and "off" and they are momentary spring loaded switches and when you hit them you can usually hear a distinct "click" on the relay. See if you can find those. R.J.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
I have to go back to work, so I will opt out of this and let another tech offer something on this. I suggest you consult the owner's manual for this information. Sorry I couldn't be more help on this one. R.J.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Sometimes, those switches are on the dash, Bob.........any luck yet?