peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I bought a new Winnebago Sightseer July 16,2015. I have had

Customer Question

I bought a new Winnebago Sightseer July 16,2015. I have had problems with the engine (gas ford triton v10) suddenly losing power when a load is applied when going up a grade, passing, or needing quick acceleration. This has been an intermittent problem from new.
Releasing accelerator pedal and then reapplying several times will get it restored to normal.
RV dealer has read out all the codes and can find nothing and cannot make it fail due to intermittent nature of the problem. I may drive it all day today with no problem and then next day it fails more than once.
This is dangerous and scary since sudden loss of power is not predictable. Note that the engine never dies. I don't believe it has ever failed while running on cruise control.
John Strong
1556 Sycamore Ridge Dr
Maineville, Oh 45039 (###) ###-#### ***@******.***
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
The only way for anyone including a dealer or repair center to diagnose and locate the fault here would be they would have to test it or check it when it is acting up.
The common causes I have seen for an issue like this here is an intermittent fault with the throttle position sensor or an issue with an intermittent fuel pump acting up needing replaced.
I would have these checked if you can when the vehicle is acting up.
Thanks Pete