Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Xantrex pro xm1000 on new thor ace evo 29.3 motorhome. Not

Customer Question

Xantrex pro xm1000 on new thor ace evo 29.3 motorhome. Not charging. Constantly beeps. Input voltage reads 11.6. Error codes E01 and E02. Dealer has left me hanging. What could I do to possibly reset it or fix myself. Unit is under warranty.
Any help appreciated.
K
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
Your battery voltage is right at the low side that would prevent the inverter from working. I would check all the connections at the inverter and battery and I might charge the battery above 12 volts and see what happens. That code is an under voltage shut down. I would shut the inverter off as well for a few mins and then turn it back on and see if it resets. My feelings are the voltage might be a bit low eben though the threshold is 11 volts, you might have some voltage loss from the battery to the inverter. IF you get your voltage around 12.5 volts and it still faults I would bypass the dealer and get a hold of Xantrex, they should be able to help with the warranty... Hope this helps... Robert
Also on these inverters many times they will use a fuse that is mounted to the frame for the charge cable to the battery I would make sure that is also good.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Not seeing a fuse on the inverter itself. There are 2 40 amp fuses in the fuse box that are for the converter and they are fine. Also my unit has been plugged in long enough that the battery should be charged. Now I am wondering if I have a bad battery since inverter voltage has not increased.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
IT would not be on the inverter, it would be on the cable between the inverter and battery, it would be a large fuse normally the housing for the fuse is bolted to the frame.
I would have the battery load tested to make sure it is good, most auto parts stores will load test them for free...
What is the year,make and model of the RV ?
Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
I just saw the year, make and model....
IF you have a converter and inverter which is possible then only one of the two is going to charge the battery. IF you have a converter what is the make and model of that..
An inverter will allow you to have power when you are unplugged, a power converter will not do that, a converter will take the AC voltage and make the DC voltage and charge the battery. I would suspect that if you have a converter they could be using that for the charging... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
I did confirm you do have both a converter and inverter the converter charges the batteries not the inverter.
So need to know the make and model of the converter, sometimes they will stick a breaker near the battery from the charge line, the breaker will have two posts on it with a cable going to each side, most have a small tab that pops out when they trip, as a general rule they like to stick that breaker near the battery, many times within 18"..... My feelings are being a brand new unit you should not have to go through the hassle of troubleshooting this. But if you can get me the make and model of the converter and you have a volt meter we can look at this some more...
IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert