Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 94 Sightseer. The nges that hold the hood in front

Customer Question

I have a 94 Sightseer. The hinges that hold the hood in front have come loose from the body. What can I (or the mechanic) use to reattach the hood. It looks like I need to attach metal to fiberglass.
Thanks for your help,
Kris
Virginia
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I would use the appropriate size Pop Rivets with washers...........so long as the fiberglass isn't split out at the hole. Then I would repair that first and then do this. Larger washers will spread out the load. I would also use some adhesive under that to add to the strength of the bonded area.

Hope that proves helpful here. Please attach a photo to your posting so I can see this if you feel I am not "seeing" your issue correctly. All follow ups are included in our fee. R.J.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will show your answer to my "body man" and go from there. Thanks
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I think he can do this without much trouble............but, get back to me if he has another idea.