Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2015 expedition that steering wheel vibrates @ 55

Customer Question

I have a 2015 expedition that steering wheel vibrates @ 55 to 70mph, tires have been removed and checked for balance, checked ok. 275/70/22.5 goodyear
Category: RV
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** you for your question.
Has it been like this since new?
Has anything changed or added to Rig?
Do you pull anything behind it?
I'm sure this has been checked but tire air pressure all the way around?
Looking at rig from about 30 ft distance is there a downward angle from rear to front with rear of rig being slightly higher?
Also look from side to side for any difference same distance from rig?
Any odd tire wear?
Is it loaded with gear?
Let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is new [1600 miles now}
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.
I can't answer your question when you won't give me the information I asked for,, so I will opt out and put back on the open board of questions for another expert to assist,,I don't know how long it will be until another expert responds
Best of luck to you
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
I would be looking at the ride height to make sure it is set a factory specs, if the drive angle was off you could get vibration in the front or rear. Sometimes the valves can settle when they are new or you replace them and drive the unit they always have to be rechecked. I do not have the specs on that normally you would measure the air bag height from plate to plate and it should not be off more then 3/16" from side to side.
I might have the dealer look at this if it is a 2015, they need to drive the unit and duplicate the issue, if it is a 2015 and something is going on it should be covered under warranty.... Hope this helps some.... Robert