Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

The electric outlet in the kitchen of our Rv wont work, what

Customer Question

the electric outlet in the kitchen of our Rv wont work, what to do? the breakers are not tripped
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert..
Sounds like you have a tripped GFI IF all the other AC power is working. The GFI will have a test and reset on certain outlets. Normally they are in the bathroom and or galley but can be anywhere else including the outside, so I would take a real close look to make sure you do not have one that is tripped. After that you would have to verify voltage out of the breaker and then start checking each outlet starting at the one that is closest to the breaker panel working away from the panel, make sure all the connections are tight, when you check shut the breaker off.... IF you need more help please let me know.... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is a GFI
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
That would be a Ground Fault Indicator, just like what you would see in a house bathroom, the outlet will have a test and reset button on it. They normally are in the galley or bathroom but I have seen them just about anywhere including the outside, normally where a water source can be present.... Robert