Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Gene. I have a 2008 Fleetwood fiesta 34n that I bought last

Customer Question

Hi Gene. I have a 2008 Fleetwood fiesta 34n that I bought last November. We just returned from a trip through central California (really hot) where the dash ac quit on us. We decided to run the gen with the two roof ac's but the power management system keeps shedding them and even tripping the 30 amp breaker occasionally. It seems to work ok at night when it's cool but not when hot out - kinda the reason you would want ac in the first place. I think it's the power management system that's going bad. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Eric
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
Sorry for the delay, Gene has not be around for sometime...
What happens when you are plugged into power? What I would do is get up on the roof and make sure the evaporator and condenser coils are clean. IF they were plugged with dirt or debris the AC might want to work harder in the heat of the day, the air flow will be choked off and the compressors might be trying hard to keep up. Air flow is so crucial for these to work properly. This would make sense since they seem to work at night when it is cooler. Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert