Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

We changed the lower circuit board in our RM2652 because it

Customer Question

We changed the lower circuit board in our RM2652 because it would only cool on lp. Now it won't cool on electric or lp. Any ideas?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert....
When you say it will not cool are the controls working properly? Does it appear to work on AC and LP? DO you have flame and it is not cooling?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It would only cool on gas (but not well), so a local guy said to change the lower board. Now it will not ignite for gas, and still doesn't cool on ac.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
Do you have a volt meter?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK...
I would check the following the DC voltage going into the fridge, the thermistor and the AC heating element. The fridge needs DC voltage to turn on and operate. The DC wires will go to a terminal block under the outside access panel, make sure the voltage is above 11 volts. Next I would ohm out the AC heating element the wires will go from the circuit board to the flue canister, you disconnect the wires at the board and then ohm the wires going back to the element. Below is a link for you that is a service manual, it will show how to test the element and thermistor.... IF you still need more help please let me know.... Robert...
Link, copy and paste in browser....
http://www.dometic.com/QBank/EPiServer/Dometic/US/Manuals/RV-manuals/Refrigerators/Americana-Americana-Plus-service-manual_17606.pdf