Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a Norcold 1200. I ran over a big rock and it caused

Customer Question

I have a Norcold 1200. I ran over a big rock and it caused sideways motion beyond the refrigerator's limit. Now the unit will not turn on.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

No lights on the control panel? Did you check the fuse for the fridge? How about the leads to the control board on the rear of the fridge? Perhaps that caused one to come loose. Just tipping it like that wouldn't keep it from coming on again. A small digital multimeter would be the quickest way to track this down OR in a pinch, a 12 VDC test light would work. We need to find out if there is 12 VDC power to the board. And is all the other 12 VDC working fine? Get back to me with this and I can help you track this down. R.J.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Does this have the recall kit installed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not happy with you asking questions after my original message included what I had already done. I called a friend in Las Cruces NM
and he told me how to by pass the problem and tomorrow he is sending instructions how to reset the module. You failed the test. I want a refund of my charges.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
I kind of wondered about that......and just so you know, I AM NOT TO ALLOWED TO TELL YOU HOW TO RESET THAT MODULE! You HAVE to go to a Norcold Service Center to have that done. I could lose my license if I gave you that information AND I would be liable for any damages you sustained in a fire! By all means ask for a refund on this! Hope you don't live to regret doing that! R.J.