Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I can't find the source refrigerator, 2004 Holiday Rambler

Customer Question

I can't find the source for 12v for my refrigerator, 2004 Holiday Rambler DST Norcold 1200 LRIM fridge. There is no 12 volts coming to the board. I have checked with meter.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
Real quick can you go outside and tell me if you see a small black box that is clipped to the coils on the fridge? The wires will run from the round flue canister to the small box and then to the circuit board, on this small black box will be a light indicator, need to know if the light is ON.. This was part of a recall and when that light is ON it prevents the fridge from working..
Also what is the model name of the HR?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LED is not on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HR Endeavor DST was included in initial infirmation
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
What is the model name of your HR? After you provide that give me a few mins to check... Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Got it, Endeavor.... Respond shortly.....
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
Drivers side you should have a fuse box with a large cover, remove that cover, inside that box I am showing you have a circuit breaker for the fridge and one for the interior panel...
CIRCUIT BREAKERS
Refrigerator 2-Way/3-Way 5/30A
Interior Fuse Panel 50A
Hope this helps.. Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see any circuit breakers in that panel only fuses and the main house relay
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
Outside in that bay do you see a cover with a wing nuts on it? Below that will be two other smaller fuse boxes, normally the fuse for the fridge is in that larger box, what I might do is get a test light and probe all of your fuses. The only other spot I know where it might be is if it was wired direct to the battery they would be using a smaller gauge wire with an in-line fuse. Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked all the "floor" fuses with a meter. I thought you might know exactly where the power was derived for this viach
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Coach
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
Looking again in that fuse box, you should have switched house 12 volt power fuses, normally it is marked refer but I do not see that there is a 15 amp one marked Freezer, have you checked that one?
Robert
understand, from all the Monaco's I have seen the fridge gets it's power from that front fuse box..... Makes no sense why they would have one marked freezer unless it is for the fridge.....
Let me know....
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
my only other suggestion on this would be to contact HE directly, they do have a technical support number and I have heard positive things from other owners that have called in. They can be reached at 877....466....6226....
My goal is for you to be satisfied with my efforts IF you want to try another expert please let me know, I only get credit when you select a rating... Robert