gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have an marquis 7000 gen set on my motorhome. It was

Customer Question

I have an marquis 7000 gen set on my motorhome. It was working fine up to a few weeks ago. The engine just died and I am at a loss as to what is wrong at this point. I have replaced fuel pump and fuel solinoid as well as the filter. I have removed the carb, disassembled and soaked overnight. I blew out carb and reassembled with a new kit. I have put everything back and cranked it up. I have it lowered to the ground just to test. The set runs smooth at idle but stalls when I manually give it throttle. It dies as if losing fire. I have even used starting fluid when it starts to die and it does not pick back up. I really hate to throw more parts at this thing. The set is not completely level since it is lowered but it runs smooth at idle. I have the ac Power disconnected and capped at the moment and have not checked for voltage. I'm considering a new circuit board but like I said before I don't really want to throw more parts at it. Any ideas?
Category: RV
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
Thank you for requesting me.
While the unit is running, is it running at its normal speed, or does it seem to be running extremely slow?
Also, this unit needs to be pretty level for it to run. Runnign it off level can lead to serious engine damage, due to lack of lubrication,.
.