gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have a customers 96 coachmen catalina with a chevy P30

Customer Question

I have a customers 96 coachmen catalina with a chevy P30 chassis 454L engine. The a/c compressor is cycling on and off continually. If I put a jumper wire in the cycling switch plug it will run and cool ok. I have tried a new cycling switch and it does the same thing. I am not very familiar with this system. It has a block expansion valve on it and a device below the expansion valve with two wires plugged into it. The white wire goes to the cycling switch where I have a jumper wire. It also has a small tube that is inserted into the evaporator core housing, I think this is called a capillary tube. The evaporator core has water poring from it when it is cooling.
Category: RV
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 1 year ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

can you take the actual pressure readings while running??? the low side may be too low causing the cycling

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply. The head pressure is between 225 and 250 and the suction is about 28. The temp. at the vent outlet is 63 deg. I have the jumper wire in the cycling switch plug.

ok, the pressures look good. have you replacd the cycle switch???

Roy

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I said in my original note that I had replaced the cycling switch and it did not change anything.

OK, sorry.

I will send you a link so we can talk.

Roy