Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a Dometic Royale RM 3862 refrigerator that won't turn

Customer Question

I have a Dometic Royale RM 3862 refrigerator that won't turn on. I have power to the AC outlet answer 12v to the terminal outside of the power module. I have 12v to the three amp fuse. The 5 amp fuse looks good. Don't know what else to check.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** perhaps I can assist you with this issue.
Does the light on the upper control board come on? And do you have a small digital multimeter so we can do some testing? About $15 or so at most automotive or hardware stores and very helpful here. A 12 VDC test light can work as well in a pinch.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a meter but I do have a test light
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The upper control board does not lite up
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Then be sure that the fuses are good on the board and a meter on ohms setting is the surest way to check that. Be sure that the areas that hold the fuses are clean and tight. IF this still has the OEM board, I would change it out to an after market board made by Dinosaur Electronics as they are far superior to those that came in this model. Unplug each of the plugs on the board and put them back in again. It might be just some debris or condensation from moisture. Keep in mind that the voltage HAS to be at least 11 VDC in order for this to work. If you haven't had the batteries service recently OR checked the output of the converter........especially for AC ripple, then I would do that as well. I am adding a link to the Dometic Service Manual for this model for your use. Print out a copy as there is a lot of good information in there.......especially trouble shooting and measuring voltage on the boards. With this and a meter you should be able to track this down. Please get back to me if you need more on this later and I can direct you further. R.J.
http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/servtips.pdf