Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I am having a similar problem. RV is very close to level, we

Customer Question

Hi Michael,
My name is ***** ***** I am having a similar problem. RV is very close to level, we turned on the fridge and the freezer got cold right away but after 3 hours the refer part still seems to have not cooled at all. The fins are warm to the touch still
Thank You
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

What is the make and model of your fridge? Are you using your leveling system and is it automatic or did you manually level the coach?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The brand is an Elite side by side double door. It appears that it is working on electric, the gas tries to light but I cant see a flame and or it doesn't get cool in the unit. It is parked on a fairly level spot however I did select the auto leveling (which doesn't seem to be level to me so I did it manuallyThanks,
John(###) ###-####
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

When was the last time you had the LP pressure adjusted at the tank regulator? That needs to be checked and adjusted every year. Low LP pressure will give a poor performance for the fridge on LP mode. And check the spacing between the coils and the outer wall once you open up the inspection cover. Is this more than 1/4"? IF so, then the cooling will be negatively impacted, especially in hot weather. Get back to me with this and I can make some recommendations for you. R.J.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

And did you include your phone number so that we can do a direct phone chat? IF so, you need to request that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do you adjust that ? No need for phone call if we can solve it by email. Also this was a one time charge of $32 and isn't recurring correct ?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

There is only one fee per question.........regardless of the number of exchanges made. The LP pressure has to be adjusted with a manometer and most people don't want to spend the money for a good one. Most shops can do this for you if you take the regulator off and into them or a mobile tech should be able to do it for you. We usually charge about $20 for this at my shop, but the fee may vary some. A new regulator (if needed) should run about $30 or so. Let me know if you need more after you get that done. If you bookmark this you can always come back to it again any time. R.J.