Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My Dometic power awning will not open. Motor makes noise -

Customer Question

My Dometic power awning will not open. Motor makes noise - click when switch is pushed could the arms be bound up how to I troubleshoot?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
Sounds like the motor is at fault, what I would do is jump the motor direct with a good 12 volt source and see if the motor moves at all, if not then try to get a helper and pull out on each arm to try and assist the motor. IF it still will not go out I suspect the motor is at fault. Make sure when you look at the fabric on the tube it is centered to the end cap as well on each side, if the fabric was off center then it could affect the arms. IF jumping DC voltage does not help it really sounds like the motor is at fault....Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert