Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

We have the Atwood model 8525 IV DCLP, 2004. When you turn

Customer Question

We have the Atwood model 8525 IV DCLP, 2004. When you turn on the thermostat the motor turns on....then the ignitor fires off and runs for about 3 seconds and then shuts down. Then it reads that "Ignition Lockout Fault Signal". Any suggestions. I am rather handy and would like to attempt this repair myself. All other appliances work well off the LP and battery.
Thanks, ***** *****
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** perhaps I can assist you with this issue.
That is usually caused by one two things. Either the LP pressure is too low at the tank regulator OR the control board is bad on the flame sense and doesn't "see" the flame and shuts off the LP. This is a very common problem in these furnaces where the OEM board is still in use. The "fix" is to upgrade to an after market board made by Dinosaur Electronics. Not too hard to install so long as you don't have to take out the furnace. Then you might want to enlist the help of a mobile tech as in most cases you have to disconnect the gas line and most don't have the proper equipment to test the connection later.
Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more later as all follow ups are included in our fee. R.J.