Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience:  Serving the rv industry since 1977
10974363

Norcold N500 Refer. When on gas and the box reaches the

Customer Question

Norcold N500 Refer.
When on gas and the box reaches the preset temperature the burner shuts off. What causes the burner to relight when the thermostat calls for cooling as the box temperature
rises?
Category: RV
Expert:  billyjr1961 replied 1 year ago.
Do you have an operational question as to sequence or do you have an issue with the unit?
Use reply please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a refrigerator. RV refrigerator. It is not an air conditioner.
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your patience,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,when the box calls for more cooling, the thermister located on the fins (right side) sends a signal to the control board, where in turn it goes into the ignition sequence, and lights the burner, please get back to me for clarification if necessary, thanks michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no control board on the N 500. It does the things you said except that when the t-stat/thermistor calls for cooling the burner doesn't light. The relighter tries and tries but the gas valve doesn't open and the burner doesn't light. The burner lights
and burns on the initial startup. It will not light when the t-stat/thermistor calls for cooling thereafter.You tried and I think you should be paid.

thank you for responding, and thanks for your understanding, here is a link to the service manual to your refer, please take a look, and let me know if this is indeed your model. thanks for your patience