Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience:  Serving the rv industry since 1977
10974363

RV AC unit (Dometic 13500 BTU) low speed runs and cools.

Customer Question

RV AC unit (Dometic 13500 BTU) low speed runs and cools. When switched to high speed unit shuts down. Sometimes the A/C portion runs but fan does not. What is the source of the Problem?
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.

Hi, up in the airconditioner is a control box, and there is inside a pc board which contains relays that pass 120v ac to the compressor lo fan, high fan. The telltale here is that the compressor runs when the fan does not, so the board is receiving a signal from the thermostat, but the relay is not 'closing'... to verify this, take down the ceiling panel, and when the fan is not working, tap on the relay it may come on..................however to resolve your issue, you need to replace the control, there is a part number on the box............please get back to me for clarification if necessary, thanks.........Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The controll portion you are talking about is the onthe circuit board correct ? Also the compressor section may or may not run, that is intermittant. Most of the time it blows the 3 amp fuse.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
phone # *****(###) ###-####

thanks, ***** ***** another tell tale that the control board is bad...........sorry I dont do phone calls.. michael