Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

We own a Fleetwood bounder 35k 2012 and when plugged into

Customer Question

We own a Fleetwood bounder 35k 2012 and when plugged into shore power our house batteries aren't charging , all fuses and breakers are fine and we aren't getting any juice from shore
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
When you are plugged in do you have AC power? Are the outlets and microwave working?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are getting shore power but it's still draining the batteries
We plugged into a battery charger over night and still only at 52%
Yes microwave is working
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The panel also says we have AC power when plugged in
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

When you are plugged into power the power converter or inverter will charge the batteries. The first thing I would do is go to the batteries and follow the cables, look for a tripped breaker, below is a picture, some are thermal and self reset and others have a small tab on them that pops out when they trip. As a general rule they like to stick them 18" from the battery, could be on the frame OR in a battery control box with other fuses and breakers. IF you see any you can check voltage. You would check each post to chassis ground. The voltage should be the same across the posts. If one side has low voltage and the other high voltage then it is the issue.

Fleetwoods can be difficult, many will have both a power converter and inverter, the inverter would allow you to have AC power when you are not plugged in, a power converter will not do that. A power converter takes the AC voltage and makes the DC voltage it also charges the batteries, I am fairly certain on the units that have both an inverter and converter the converter will do the charging, most likely the converter will stand alone and plug into an outlet near the breaker panel, sometimes they are under the fridge, stove or behind the breaker panel. IF you know the make and model of the converter I might be able to help you some more. Please feel free to follow up if needed, IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit... Robert