gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have a paracitis electrical drain and can not find it. I

Customer Question

I have a paracitis electrical drain and can not find it. I even had a battery disconnect put on the system
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I understand parasitic draws, what I find interesting is that with the battery disconnected, it still drains, first thought is that the battery is going bad, as a battery with a bad cell will drain the battery dead, please get back to me so we can discuss this further, thans

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The batteries were checked first and they were ok.

thanks for responding , to isolate the draw, take the positive cable off of the battery, and with a test light hooked between the cable and the post, see if it lights, if it does leave it lit, then go inside to the fuse panel , and pull fuses one at a time, then you can determine what it is. I use an amprobe so i can see how many amps it draws. and once we know what the draw is, we can do the math, as eventually any draw will kill the battery. and have you taken the cable off the battery, checking the voltage, and check the voltage in a couple of days?