Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2004 Monaco Cayman and after dumping and attaching

Customer Question

Hi Robert, I have a 2004 Monaco Cayman and after dumping and attaching the city water there was a large quantity of water exiting a blue stub of a pipe on the right side in front of the front wheel and about 30 inches under in. It ran a very long time after shutting of city water. The water tank still indicated full when water finally stopped as well as all interior water. I turned on the water pump and interior flow was normal but water continued to exit out of the Blue pipe till I turned the pump off. I am a brand new owner! Help please.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert....
Let me checking on something on your model, I will respond in a few.... Robert
It sound maybe a valve is open if it was coming out a blue pipe, that would be the cold water side.
Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
In your outside plumbing bay you should have a valve that controls where the water goes, it should be labeled tank fill or city water. When hooked to city water water the pump should be off and the valve has to be in the proper direction, if the valve is turned to tank fill the tank is going to fill up and then push the water out when the pump is turned on. IF you need to see a manual on the plumbing valves please let me know.... Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It makes no diffence if the valve is in tank fill position or off because when I turn on the water pump water still comes out the Blue pipe stub below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also the water pump never stops with all valves off. Also with the valve in city water position and still leaks below.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
Are you talking about all the drain valves in the plumbing bay? Should be about four or five drain valves.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it is a blue stub of a pipe with absolutely no valve exiting under the passenger side in front of the rear wheel about 30 inches in and about in line with the left side of the refrigerator cabinet above. There is no sign of a blue pipe above.on the firstinterior anywhere in this vicinity.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
I am running out of ideas, I might verify the hot water heater valve and make sure it is on normal flow that valve will be on the back side of the water heater, many times you have to pull a panel or drawer to get access to that valve. What you might also want to try is contact Monaco technical support they do have a number for owners and can be reached at 877....466....6226....
I can also put your question back up for other experts if you like, I only get credit when you select a rating.... Robert