Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2008 40 ft diesel Sportcoach Elite. No 12v house

Customer Question

i have a 2008 40 ft diesel Sportcoach Elite. No 12v house current. Generator produces 110v while running. Battery disconnect is on, new batteries. No AC, no slides, stranded in the driveway…what's next?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert....
When you hit the battery disconnect switch do you hear a click each time?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hear the click of the knob turning but no other sound
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
When you hit the switch it should trigger a solenoid. The solenoid is what allows the DC power into the RV. So have to locate it, if you can not hear it click then go to the house battery and follow the cables, it will go right to the solenoid. Once you find the solenoid you will see two LARGE posts. Check for power on each side, if you only have power on one side get an insulated wire and jump the LARGE posts on the solenoid and see if power comes on, if so then the solenoid is at fault. Sometimes the contacts inside can stick and then you will get no power. As you are following the cables to the solenoid make sure there is not a breaker or fuse in-line that is blown. IF you have good battery voltage at the batteries I would be checking that solenoid... Hope this helps, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert