Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

The fuse box in my 1994 palomino popup is smoking

Customer Question

Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert....
Where you plugged into power when this happened?
Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Last weekend a breaker tripped when we were running the ac and plugged in a coffee pot. Smelt electrical smell then but no smoke
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Turned on ac this am and the fuse box started smoking. Turned everything off and unplugged everything
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
OK
Could have overloaded the circuit and when that happens you can damage the power converter, most likely the power converter is part of that fuse panel, it would have the breakers next to it. The power converter takes the AC voltage and makes the DC voltage it should also charge the battery if you have one. If you had a surge then it might be damaged. I would also have the battery load tested as well to make sure it is still good. IF you know the make and model of the converter I might be able to help you some more.
Robert
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Also make sure where the cord is coming into the breaker panel you have no melted wires, if you are using any extension cords or adapters on the main cord please let me know...
Robert