Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2005 outback with a Suburban SF-30 furnace that

Customer Question

I have a 2005 outback with a Suburban SF-30 furnace that seems to be doing everything it should be doing but it will not light. Fan comes on,gas valve opens and the ignitor sparks. The burner,orphis,intake and outlet are all clean. the sail switch is functioning correctly,I have 12"WC at the furnace...Thank you,Dan
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
hi my name is Robert...
This sounds like it could be an issue with the high limit or circuit board if the gas valve is opening. I would start by having a shop test the circuit board to see if it is good. Next need to verify voltage through the high limit switch, might need to pull the furnace to access that. Below is a service manual for you follow the troubleshooting ladder and you should have a better idea of the issue.... Robert
Link....Copy and paste into browser.
http://www.bdub.net/manuals/Suburban_Service_Manual.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have continuity through the high limit switch. I can hear and feel the gas valve when it is energized but what are the chances that the gas valve is being energized but not actually opening? is there anything else it could be other than the circuit board...
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
you have pretty much checked everything so unless the gas valve is not opening it could be the electrode or circuit board. I would have a RV shop test the board, if the board is good I would be looking at the electrode then gas valve. I doubt it is the gas valve as you can feel it which means it should have voltage going to it when it is sparking, it will spark and open the valve at the same time, the board senses the presence of flame and will shut down it it does not see it, via the electrode.... Hope this helps...
IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping. ALSO feel free to follow up if needed... Robert