gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have a QD 10000 RV generator with 250 hrs, just had oil

Customer Question

I have a QD 10000 RV generator with 250 hrs , just had oil changed in last 24 hrs, I'm on a road trip everything was operating fine until I shut generator off & tried to restart it . Now it flashes 3 times says it needs serviced , I checked oil & coolant levels they seem fine but now it will not start
Category: RV
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
My name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.
What is the full model number of the genset, exactly as it is written on the data label?
Lets see what fault code you are getting.
Go to the genset and use the switch on the set itself.
Press 'Stop' 3 times within 5 seconds. The light in the switch will start flashing.
If the light flashes 3 times, pauses for 3 seconds, and flashes 3 more times, press and immediately release 'Stop' one more time.
This will put the controller into Fault Read Mode.
The light will flash (X) number of times, pause for 1 second, and flash for (X) number of times again. Count the flashes before and after the pause.
This will be the Fault Code.
Example: 2 rapid flashes, 1 second pause, 5 rapid flashes is a Fault Code 25.
There may be more than one Fault Code stored, so watch the light very carefully. If there is more than one code, it will display them all in order, and then start over again.
Be very careful not to misread a first level fault code (single digit code) as a second level fault code (double digit code).
The way to tell the difference is by the length of the pauses.
There is a 1 second pause between digits of a second level code, and a 3 second pause between codes.
For example, if it is flashing 2 times, 1 second pause, flashing 2 times, 3 second pause and repeating, then this is a second level fault code of 22.
If it is flashing 2 times, 3 second pause, flashing 2 times, 3 second pause and repeating, then this is a first level fault code of 2.
What Fault Code are you getting?
.