Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

999 Fleetwood southwind 36Z Top of bed slide out, flopes in

Customer Question

999 Fleetwood southwind 36Z Top of bed slide out, flopes in & out when bring slid in & out?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
The first thing I would do is look at the outside of the room with it closed and make sure all the paint lines from the slide-room to the body of the RV are lined up, if they are off more then 3/16" of an inch then the room might need to be adjusted.
Normally you will have an electric motor and the drive is on the bottom of the room so you want to inspect and make sure the mounting hardware for the motor is secure and nothing is loose. If sometimes was loose it might give you the condition you are having. Hard for me to say if the wall is coming apart without looking. I might have a RV shop take a look and diagnose to see what the issue is, it should be a about 1 hour of labor for that.
Robert